As a Technical Advisor or Patent Agent at MBHB, you will work with our attorneys to take on complex challenges, develop patent strategies for clients, conduct prior art searches, prepare and file patent applications, and support the preparation of legal opinions, while leveraging your expertise to shape our law practice.
Technical Advisor/Patent Agent Credentials
- BS, MS, Ph.D., or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience and expertise in artificial intelligence, including AI-based software tools such as neural networks, natural language processing, or machine learning, and/or AI-related applications such as robotics or autonomous vehicles
- No legal training or experience is necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative thinking and creative problem-solving skills
MBHB's Law Clerk Program
As a technical advisor or patent agent at MBHB, you also have the opportunity to apply to our Law Clerk Program, should you choose to pursue the path of attending law school and becoming an IP attorney. With tuition reimbursement and a reduced hours requirement, our law clerks can attend classes while continuing to gain experience in the field of IP law.
How to Apply
- Please submit your cover letter, resume, all applicable transcripts, and a writing sample
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
MBHB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other protected group status under the law. MBHB is an Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with regulations adopted by the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities.